This class has been cancelled until further notice.
This program is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for, individual crisis intervention.
This course is designed for anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of individual (one-on-one) crisis intervention techniques in the fields of Business & Industry, Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Risks of iatrogenic “harm”
Continuing Education Information
- 13 CE Credits for Psychologists
- 13 PDHs for EAPs
- 13 CE Hours for California MFTs & LCSWs
- 13 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors
- OR 1.3 General CEUs from UMBC
|Class||When & Where||Contact|
|Assisting Individuals in Crisis||
Please call for dates and times.
Kelly S. Jones, LMSW, CCISM