Participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically Crisis Management Briefings, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Relevant research findings
- Relevant recommendations for practice
- Incident assessment
- Strategic intervention planning
- “Resistance, resilience, recovery” continuum
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Reducing risks
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) Completion of “Group Crisis Intervention” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (14 Contact Hours)
Continuing Education Information
- 14 Contact Hours; 14 CE credits for psychologists
- 14 PDHs for EAPs; 14 CE Hours for Calif. MFTs & LCSWs
- 14 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors
- OR 1.4 General CEUs from UMBC
Please contact the instructor for more information about this course.
Kelly S. Jones, MSW, CCISM