Hours of Operation/Coverage
- The Main pharmacy at Decatur is staffed 24/7.
- Parkway pharmacy is staffed M-F 7a-10p with weekend coverage as needed.
- Decentralized pharmacists are in the Emergency Department, Critical Care, Medical Floor, and PreOp/PACU areas of the Decatur Campus.
- Dosing and Monitoring of Vancomycin, Tobramycin and Gentamicin
Pre-built orders in Soarian Clinicals include a statement for pharmacy to dose and monitor these medications. If you do not want pharmacy to provide this service, the statement will need to be removed during order entry. Pharmacy will order all labs necessary to monitor these medications.
- Initial Formulation, Adjusting, and Monitoring of TPNs A consult order is needed in Soarian Clinicals for pharmacy to provide this
service. If consulted, pharmacy will work with dieticians to provide optimal IV
nutrition. Pharmacy will order necessary labs, monitor the response to the formulation, and make necessary adjustments.
The pharmacists will monitor the following on a daily basis and contact you with
recommendations as needed:
- Culture and Sensitivity results for patients on IV antibiotics
- GFR and CrCL for patients on IV antibiotics
- H&H and platelets, INR where applicable, for patients on anticoagulants
- Eliminating dextrose containing IVPBs for patients with insulin ordered
- Evaluation of stroke, AMI, post-CABG, and CHF patient’s discharge medications for quality measures
- Patient education prior to discharge
- Review of admission medication reconciliation for completeness, potential interactions, and clinical interventions
- Review of Transfer Level of Care Process and Discharge Medication Reconciliations for duplicate therapies, missing data, and clinical interventions
- Publication of Antibiogram every 6 months
- Reporting medication shortages monthly
- Assisting prescribers with medication related CPOE issues
- Quarterly meetings of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee for formulary additions, deletions, and auto-substitutions