Wise Health System is a Joint Commission Accredited Chest Pain Center. This means our hospital has achieved a high level of expertise in dealing with patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack.
What does Accreditation Mean?
- Organized, evidence-based approach to care
- Systems of care for the public to get to the closet facility for the fastest care
- Working relationship with EMS and other hospitals
- Committee meetings to improve our process and improve patient care
- Surveyors come to our facility and inspect our process and protocols
Services We Provide
- Cardiology coverage 24/7 with PCI capabilities
- Specialized Cath Lab and Cardiac Care Unit
- Critical Decision Unit – within Emergency Department
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- In-house Stress Testing with many other testing options
- Therapeutic Hypothermia S/P Cardiac Arrest
Procedures to Follow
- Document TIMI risk score on your cardiac patients.
- For a STEMI patient we use an iPhone application for notifying Cath Lab and Cardiology.
- We are required to obtain an EKG on cardiac patients within 10 minutes of their arrival and have an interpretation by the physician within 5 minutes of the EKG being performed; physician must initial and time at the top of the EKG. If you are calling a STEMI, please write STEMI on the EKG.
- For Left Bundle Branch Block, write ‘Old’ at the top of the EKG if old, otherwise, must be treated as a STEMI, according to Core Measures. If you disagree with the EKG machines interpretation write that at the top with your interpretation.
- EMS can call a STEMI in the field. If they are ready when the patient arrives, they will bypass the ER and go straight to the Cath lab.
- EMS has the capability to transmit EKG’s from the field via the Lifenet system or they can activate the STEMI app.
- To get an EKG to the cardiologist, if needed, you may take a picture with the transfer phone and send it to them; all of their numbers are entered in the phone.