As of March 20th, 2020, Wise Health System has implemented a ‘No Visitor’ Policy for patients. To protect the health and safety of patients and our Healthcare workers, we are following suit with other regional and state healthcare facilities in a preemptive measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Exceptions to the No Visitor Policy
The following exceptions to the No Visitor Policy are permitted, as long as these individuals are healthy and pass the necessary screening questions:
- One visitor, parent or guardian for patients under the age of 18
- A care provider that is needed to sit with the patient and act as their Power of Attorney
- One caregiver per patient in the Emergency Room for the duration of the visit. The caregiver must remain with the patient during the stay and in and out privileges can not be accommodated.
- One partner and a birth support person (doula, etc.) are permitted for Labor & Delivery patients
- Additional exceptions may be granted in special circumstances.