No visitors are allowed at this time.
As of March 20th, 2020, Wise Health System has implemented a ‘No Visitor’ Policy for patients. To protect the health and safety of patients and our Healthcare workers, we are following suit with other regional and state healthcare facilities in a preemptive measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Exceptions to the No Visitor Policy
The following exceptions to the No Visitor Policy are permitted, as long as these individuals are healthy and pass the necessary screening questions:
- One visitor, parent or guardian for patients under the age of 18
- A care provider that is needed to sit with the patient and act as their Power of Attorney
- Additional exceptions may be granted in special circumstances.
- One caregiver per patient in the Emergency Room for the duration of the visit. The caregiver must remain with the patient during the stay.
Labor & Delivery
- One partner and a birth support person (doula, etc.) are permitted for Labor & Delivery patients
MedSurg / ICU / Inpatient Rehab
- One caretaker per patient per 24-hour period (midnight-midnight)
- The caretaker is at least 18 years old, has a significant relationship with the patient and will provide aftercare and/or assistance to the patient.
- One (1) caretaker per patient undergoing a surgical procedure.
- Must exit the facility when the patient is taken to the Operating Room.
Please take a moment to review our guidelines for patient caretakers.Download PDF