The term cancer can bring on many mixed emotions. Here at the Cancer Center at Wise Health System we want to bring you hope and empowerment on your road to survivorship. Laura Tanner, our patient navigator, will be with you every step of the way.
Laura Tanner, LMSW, OSW-C, OPN-CG
Laura is a licensed social worker and has been with Wise Health System since 2012. She received her degree from Texas Woman’s University and her Masters in Social Work from Our Lady of the Lake University and is a Certified Patient Navigator through The Academy of Oncology Nurse and Patient Navigators.
Laura is passionate about providing hope and encouragement to our patients and looks forward to supporting you through your journey here at the Cancer Center at Wise Health System.
What Does a Patient Navigator Do?
Our Patient Navigator will be able to provide support for you, your family, and caregivers while working closely with your physicians and nurses to provide the best care possible.
- Provides emotional support on what to expect as a cancer patient.
- Provides education on early detection of disease specific cancers.
- Links patients to available resources in the community.
- Helps arrange language translation or interpretation services.
- Conducts networking groups.
- Assists with the transition to survivorship programs.
She will also be able to help diminish barriers such as:
- Financial hardship
- Lack of insurance
- Medication assistance
- As well as provide you with resources within our community.