Helicopter ambulance service is made available in Wise County through Wise Health System’s partnership with the Air Evac LifeTeam.
About Air Evac LifeTeam
Air Evac LifeTeam offers 24-7 (weather permitting) transport to the Wise Health System facility in Decatur, within a 50 mile radius, to rural communities in Wise and surrounding counties. They also offer transport to other facilities from our Decatur campus, within a 150 mile radius, when more advanced care is needed and response time is critical.
All Air Evac helicopters are equipped with on board medical equipment to treat critically injured and ill patients. Each crew includes one pilot, registered nurse and paramedic.
Highly Experienced & Trained Crew
All medical crew-members are certified in:
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support
- Basic Trauma Life Support
Join Air Evac Today
Air Evac is the largest independently owned and operated membership-supported air medical service in the United States. Membership in Air Evac LifeTeam provides prepaid protection for any transport costs that may exceed what is covered by your insurance or medical benefits.
- Air Evac works on your behalf with your insurance company to secure payment for its flight and any costs that exceed insurance/benefit coverage are waived.
- Members are covered while traveling. Air Evac has 90 bases in 14 states.
- Support for your communities health care needs. Membership helps Air Evac operate in rural areas providing lifesaving services.
609 Medical Center Dr.
Decatur, TX 76234