Thousands of workers every year suffer from preventable hearing loss due to high workplace noise levels. Repeated exposure to loud noise can lead to:
- Permanent tinnitus and/or hearing loss
- Physical and Psychological stress
- Reduced productivity
- Interference with communication and concentration
- Increased workplace accidents and injuries
The Occupational Health program at Wise Health System offers a comprehensive Audiometric Testing Program, which can be used as part of a Hearing Conservation Program. The program includes:
- Audiometric testing (baseline, annual and follow-up), performed by a COHC certified technician.
- Otoscopic screen performed prior to each candidates hearing test
- OSHA compliant audiometers are calibrated daily.
- Test instructions and results are immediately available.
- Audiometric questionnaires are obtained from candidates before testing.
- All hearing tests are reviewed by a board-certified audiologist with over 40 years of experience to validate the test’s results.
- The audiologist reports will clearly identify Standard Threshold Shifts (STS), work-related recordable hearing losses, and which employees should be scheduled for a 30-day follow-up exam or a medical/audiology referral.
- Flexible scheduling Monday – Friday.